About Me

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to make it through life one day at a time.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

So today...

...I get home from work after my 12 hour shift. We have a wind advisory and a gale warning for the lakeshore areas. The wind is blowing my car from left to right all the way home. I actually got carsick driving home, and that never happens. As long as I am driving, car sickness is not a problem. But, I digress...



So... I get home from work. Beth is pulling dinner from the oven... my son meets me at the door... the dogs are laying on the living room floor... perfect setting, right?



Wrong. Little did I know that Reece had less than an hour nap today and had been driving my wife nuts all day long. The only reason she had any hair left on her head is because she had collected it and superglued it back on. I didn't notice it at first, but her hair was disheveled (probably from the superglue), Reece had tear streaks down his face, and the dogs were just too scared to move.



As she placed two pieces of pork roast on my plate, I mentioned that two was one too many and put one back. She slammed down the serving fork and said, "I don't even know why I cook!" and started huffing around the kitchen. It was just about this time when I noticed the superglued hair, which caused me to whirl around and look at my shirtless son sitting in his high chair tear streaked face, and the dogs cowering in the living room. Suddenly... it clicked.



"Two would be fine, dear. Sure looks good."



I love you, sweetie. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kent County Scanner - Scanning Fire Dispatch, Ada F2, Cascade F2, Cannon F2